The general objective of the assignment is to support the enabling and the scaling-up of technology transfer through policy, institutional and organizational reforms. It will seek to enhance the enabling environment for climate change technology transfer, which is one of the main constraints in Sub-Saharan African (SSA) countries.
The project consists of advisory services and capacity building to address barriers related to technology transfer, complementing existing instruments by operating as much as feasible further upstream in identification of needs, early stage advisory and formulation of requests so as to pave the way for mobilization of financing from these instruments. It will be implemented as a demand-driven, flexible and readily deployed technical assistance facility, with the subcomponent mitigation.
The aim of the mitigation subcomponent is to support countries adopt pro-climate policies, provide incentives for investors, and to mainstream climate change mitigation technologies into key sector policies and regulations related to energy. This will create an enabling environment for catalysing investments in climate resilient development in the energy sector.
- Develop/update, and implement national or regional policies and strategies for scaling-up transfer of climate friendly technologies in the energy sector
- Assess and recommend measures to improve the enabling environment for renewable energy and energy efficiency and climate change mitigation.
- Develop critical implementing instruments, such as laws, implementing decrees, regulatory and financing instruments in the areas of energy efficiency and renewable energy
- Provide support to the establishment of appropriate institutions (e.g. renewable energy/energy efficiency national or regional agencies) and strengthen the capacities of existing institutions, in particular institutions in charge of energy, environment and climate change
- Support the design and implementation of de-risking instruments/regulations for clean energy investments
- Support national and regional dialogue on relevant mitigation issues in the energy sector addressing also the issue of technology receptivity
- Sub-Saharan Countries
- -5.719900677547889, 24.22121368750004