Agip Kazakhstan North Caspian Operating Company (Agip KCO), involved in the development of the offshore KASHAGAN oil and gas field, has awarded Proger Spa the contract for the design of a state-of-the-art waste management facility in Kazakhstan. In order to carry out the project, Proger has required the support of the MWH team.
Location: Aktau, Kazakhstan
Region: Middle East
Service Offering: Engineering & Design
Market Sector: Oil & Gas
Client Type: Private Sector
Status: In Progress
The Koshanai Waste Management Facility is designed to treat all waste streams originating from offshore facilities and associated onshore facilities for the Kashagan project.
The plant is located in a desert environment, with temperatures ranging from -25°C in the winter to +45°C in the summer time. Special attention is given to water conservation and re-use and limiting air borne emissions.
The facility is planned to treat domestic and non-hazardous and hazardous industrial waste. Valuable resources such as iron, aluminium and plastics will be recovered from the waste streams for reuse and recycling. Non recoverable materials will be incinerated to produce energy for district heating and process facilities.
Final residues, such as ashes and inert waste, will be stored in the on-site landfill. A special feature of the plant is the recovery of water from the rainfall and wastewater to cover the water needs of the facility.
The plant has a capacity of 18,000 tonnes per year and will provide direct employment to about 150 people.
- Responsible for the detailed design of all process installations, including sewage treatment, industrial wastewater treatment, materials recycling and recovery, physical chemical treatment
- Provided the basic design of the energy from waste building and building utilities
- Designed according to the most stringent national and international standards
- Will be a major factor to ensure a clean and sustainable oil and gas industry in Kazakhstan
- Aktau, Kazakhstan
- 43.6410973, 51.198511300000064