This project entails the provision of technical assistance services to improve the effectiveness of EU interventions having direct or indirect effects on environment and climate issues, or being affected by environment and climate issues, through EU thematic and geographic programmes, ultimately contributing to poverty eradication, sustainable development and green growth.
The services provided under this contract aim at ensuring that environment and climate issues are adequately mainstreamed in the EU’s development cooperation and that efforts in the areas of ECCB (Environment, Climate Change and Biodiversity) are adequately tracked and reported on.
The services to be provided will be following three categories of objectives:
- reinforcing the capacities of EC staff and partner countries stakeholders to perform effective mainstreaming in their operations;
- enhancing DEVCO’s capacity to respond to specific queries emanating from staff throughout the organogram, providing advisory services and ad hoc support on specific queries;
- increasing DEVCO Headquarters’ capacity to ensure adequate quality of mainstreaming throughout the global portfolio of operations and to adequately report on it; improving and/or preparing tools (studies, guidelines, etc.), rules and procedures, including for the tracking and reporting on relevant ECCB-related activities and spending.
Support will be provided to Commission services, both in headquarters and in Delegations and to partner countries.
- Increase awareness and understanding among EC staff and partner countries of the importance of improving the integration of ECCB in policies and development interventions by: developing a communication and awareness-raising strategy, preparing communication materials, managing and animating communication networks on environment and climate change on Capacity4Dev.
- Strengthening of the technical capacities of all stakeholders and in particular of EU staff through sharing of knowledge and know-how by: developing a communication and knowledge sharing strategy, producing and making available knowledge and know-how acquired from previous and on-going M&E exercises related to integration of ECCB, preparing communication materials in relevant subjects in close collaboration with EU staff, managing and animating knowledge sharing networks on environment and climate change on Capacity4Dev, organisation and delivery of up to six seminars/training sessions.
- Support to targeted audience at the various stages of the cycle of operations by: developing and implementing a communication strategy aiming at publicising the existing offer of services, the setting up of an operational the Helpdesk and identifying needs and incentivising specific demands for support
- Support to the screening of all operations with significance to ECCB during the Quality Support process for the quality of their adequate integration of ECCB by: developing and following-up the pipeline of projects that are being identified or formulated and about to be submitted to the Quality Support process, analysing and providing with comments and recommendations all the action documents in sectors and areas that are relevant to ECCB, maintaining a robust information base to keep track of this process and its outcomes
- Support to the enhancement of the quality of the financial tracking of ECCB in operations and the contribution of EU development operations to ECCB-related objectives for adequate reporting by : supporting DEVCO in the improvement of its Rio marking methodology, in concertation with like-minded agencies, by providing support to DEVCO staff in the actual implementation of the Rio marking, particularly at the formulation stage and by supporting the analysis and reporting on financial flows and achievements, as regards ECCB.
- Development of adequate procedures, tools and products (studies, guidelines): development of guidance material (concept notes, reference documents), and the implementation of studies on a wide range of topics, technical assistance to support preparation of policy dialogues and to answer specific queries from delegations on a wide range of topics.
- 50.844685, 4.371830000000045