To enhance the capacity of the East Side plant to treat a maximum flow of 500 million liters per day (MLD). Enhancing the capacity of the East Side plant to hydraulically accommodate a maximum flow of 570 million liters per day. To enhance the capacity of the West Side plant to treat and hydraulically accommodate a maximum flow of 290 million liters per day.
- Treatment Works Flow Control Valve.
- Works associated with Aeration lanes One to Six, Seven to Twelve and Thirteen to Eighteen – DO control for lane Ten, open channel flowmeters, RAS pipelines.
- Final Settlement Tanks No’s One to Forty – refurbish bridges and scrapers, provide electrically actuated bellmouths, uprate RAS pipework.
- Final Settlement Tanks Forty One to Seventy – new bridges for Forty One to Sixty Four, electrically actuated bellmouths, uprate RAS pipework, converts FST Sixty Four back to a FST.
- RAS and SAS P.Stn No Four – replace and uprate centrifugal pumps, Two No RAS pumps at 335 l/s and Two No at 435 l/s, Two No SAS pumps at 30 l/s.
- RAS Pumping to Aeration Lanes Thirteen to Eighteen – replace and uprate canister pumps with Two No pumps at 579 l/s and Four No pumps at 193 l/s.
- Mixed Liquor Pumps and Pumping Main – Six No new canister type pumps each rated at 804 l/s, flow measurement, lifting galleries.
- Final Settlement Tanks Seventy One to Seventy Eight – refurbish bridges and scrapers, provide diffusion baffles, electrically actuated bell mouths.
Minimum outages on one of the U.K.’s largest strategic WwTW’s:
As one of the U.K.’s largest strategic WwTW’s MWH Treatment needed to demonstrate how the works could be undertaken within the shutdowns and access restrictions specified by the client in order to maintain treatment capacity.
Location of works and impact on local residents:
Mogden is an operational works bounded on all sides by residential housing and hence has significant local stakeholder issues that required effective systems for Health, Safety, Environmental and stakeholder/Local Community management together with effective planning and program management skills.
Interface management between existing and new works plus other contractors on site:
Comprehensive interface management with Thames Water Operations and other contractors working on site ensures that the process treatment will be maintained throughout the enhancement and refurbishment works and with the minimum of disruption to all parties.
- Mogden, Isleworth, TW7, United Kingdom
- 51.4600124, -0.3358900000000631