PPRD East 2 is the second phase of the Programme for Prevention, Preparedness and Response to Natural and Man-made Disasters in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine, also known as the Eastern Partnership countries. By strengthening the countries’ disaster risk management, this EU-funded Flagship Initiative aims to contribute to the stability, security and prosperity of the countries and to protect the environment, population, cultural heritage, resources and infrastructure of the region.
Building on the acquis and lessons learned from on-going and previous programmes, the purpose of phase 2 of the programme is:
- Strengthening of the partner countries’ civil protection capacities for disaster prevention, preparedness and response;
- Improving regional cooperation and bringing the Partner Countries progressively closer to the EU Civil Protection.
Assessments, elaboration of road maps, elaboration of regional and national action plans, trainings and raising awareness activities to achieve the following results:
- Result A: In the Partner countries institutional and legal framework on disaster management and prevention is improved and approximated to the EU acquis and best practice
- Result B: Partner countries and Participating States of the EU Civil Protection Mechanism cooperate closely through regular exchanges of information, expertise and best practices, trainings, table-top exercises and a joint regional exercise.
- Result C: The Electronic Regional Risk Atlas, developed under PPRD phase I is further developed and put in practical use. Data accessibility and comparability is improved at national and regional level, in line with the requirements of the Hyogo Framework for Action Agreement and in consistency with the European common approach for developing national loss data bases and sharing of information
- Result D: Awareness about disasters (natural and man-made), their prevention and response, is improved in the participating countries, amongst civil protection professionals, volunteers and within the population in general.
- Eastern Partnership Countries
- 50.4413503, 30.53426300000001