This industrial client faced difficult water management and treatment challenges that included running out of capacity at their injection wells and limitations on the amount of water the local commercial disposal facility could take from their operators.
MWH also designed and built water truck offload stations with electronic tracking and security systems for each of the sites. MWH also assisted with permit applications to build two 350,000 barrel, double-lined (HDPE) ponds at each of the three systems (six total ponds). MWH constructed the ponds and the associated management facilities, much of which had to be sited on rocky terrain.
- Engineering and technical services
- The temporary system quickly paid for itself in revenues from condensate recovery, reduced transportation and disposal costs.
- Client received a 2008 Earth Day Award from the Utah Board of Oil, Gas & Mining for reducing the need for fresh water, reducing truck traffic, lessoning their footprint in the area and minimizing other environmental impacts.
- Salt Lake City Capitol Building
- 40.7607793, -111.89104739999999