This project has involved the design of a two-way, 1km long urban cycle route along Auckland’s CBD waterfront between Lower Hobson Street and Plummer Street.
The $1.5m cycleway has a mix of on-road and off-road cycling improvements, and is a key part of the Auckland Cycling Network (ACN) connecting with three other urban cycleways.
MWH, now part of Stantec, delivered a range of services for this project including the overall design of the cycleway, project management services with tight completion deadlines, and all statutory approvals. MWH assisted the client with consultation and stakeholder engagement, and prepared the physical works contract documentation. Preferred tender analysis was also undertaken, and technical support during the construction phase.
Creating a two-way cycling facility in a highly constrained corridor on Auckland’s high-profile waterfront was challenging. It is a busy urban arterial route with significant safety and operational issues. MWH was able to deliver this complex project within tight timeframes, in a highly collaborative manner.
Over 50,000 trips in the first 3 months of opening
- Overall Contract Management
- Engineering Investigation
- Public and Stakeholder Consultation
- Detailed Design of Walking and Cycling Facility
- Statuatory Approvals
- Physical Works Contract Documentation and Tender Evaluation
- Management Surveillance and Quality Assurance during Construction Phase
- Auckland, New Zealand
- -36.8484597, 174.76333150000005