The ENI CBC extends the principles of cross-border co-operation among Member States within the EU, which is part of the European Territorial Co-operation (ETC), to CBC between Member States and Partner countries in the European Neighbourhood. Cross-border cooperation contributes to creating greater opportunities for people in the border regions, enhanced economic development and integration at grass root level, as well as better mutual understanding and confidence building across the borders. The main CBC beneficiaries are local and regional authorities and civil society organisations (CSOs).
The overall objective of the project is to provide technical support to the implementation and management of the 16 ENI CBC Programmes.
The purposes of this contract are the following:
- to enable participating countries to manage and implement the ENI CBC Programmes in the most efficient way and to ensure effective cooperation between the Member States and the partner countries;
- to improve the project development and management capacity of organisations eligible to participate in the ENI CBC programmes – such as local and regional authorities, CSOs and other relevant players. These activities should benefit CBC partner countries (including Turkey and the Russian Federation).
- to stimulate coordination not only among ENI CBC programmes but also between ENI CBC programmes and other similar instruments. This would allow for exchanges of best practices among both Programmes and projects and increase the ENI CBC visibility.
Component 1 activities:
- Continuous assessment of the target group needs;
- Generating and sharing knowledge;
- Increasing coordination and visibility of the ENI CBC instrument;
- Information Resources activities;
- Networking and cooperation activities;
- Support to the European Commission services and the ENI CBC Programme managing authorities and National authorities involved in the programmes to tackle specific implementation difficulties.
Component 2 activities:
The main activities under the 2nd project component will aim at establishing a project pipeline consisting of a sufficient number of good quality projects in order to increase the absorption capacity in the targeted region to implement the ENI CBC programmes.
This component consists of two sub-components, awareness-raising and continued capacity building – Project Oriented Advice and Training in Project Preparation and Management.
Horizontal activities: in addition, two other types of activities will be necessary to ensure the quality of delivery of the project services, these are dissemination and Publicity and Quality and Knowledge Management.
- ENI countries, the Russian Federation, EU Member States and Turkey
- 50.8503396, 4.351710300000036