Readiness for Investment in Sustainable Energy (RISE) is a suite of indicators that assesses the legal and regulatory environment for investment in sustainable energy. It establishes a framework for better depicting the national enabling environment to attract investments into sustainable energy. RISE directly supports the achievement of the objectives of the Sustainable Energy for All (SE4ALL) initiative, which World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim co-chairs with United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon.
With over 25 specially-designed indicators and detailed country-specific data from across the globe, RISE is intended to provide a global reference point that will support decision-making for governments and inform country-level interventions under SE4ALL. The data collected through RISE will help countries evaluate their enabling environment in each of the three SE4ALL pillars (energy access, renewable energy, and energy efficiency) and identify policies and other instruments they may need to move toward their sustainable energy vision.
The scope of work of this assignment includes the following activities:
- Undertake individual desk research to provide answers to questions that can be answered without interviews and obtain supporting primary documents to validate the answers.
- Identify and interview stakeholders to confirm answers found through desk research and provide answers to all remaining questions, as well as to provide any missing supporting documents. Stakeholders include, but are not limited to:
- at least five renewable energy.
- at least five mini-grid developers.
- at least five energy efficiency product manufacturers
- at least ten residential customers in rural areas.
- Fully complete the questionnaire with the data collected.
- La Hulpe, Belgium
- 50.7288631, 4.4668699319448