MWH, as member of a consortium led by COWI, is in charge of the technical assistance programme to be provided to 4 out of the 8 selected Municipalities (Akcaabat, Bulancak, Erzincan and Silvan), combining local and international experience.
In order to allow for the inclusion of environmental infrastructure projects under 2007-2009 period and future programmes, it is necessary to prepare feasibility studies and EIAs on the basis of already established prioritized project pipeline. Each infrastructure project submitted for EU funding needs to be in compliance with the EU acquis.
This project involves preparation and design work for major infrastructure and water distribution network projects that will bring significant health, environmental and social benefits to communities across Turkey.
With the view to support the actual preparation of specific environmental infrastructures, this project covers conducting feasibility studies, cost/benefit analysis and EIAs, master plans, design of investment projects, technical drawings, and works/supply/service tender dossiers, including technical specifications, BoQs, ToR as well as full procurement documentation, in accordance with PRAG/FIDIC applications, the EU Acquis and Strategic Coherence Framework.
The projects is expected to produce the following results:
- An Inception Report
- Master Plans for the selected 8 project areas that identify the longer term service improvement and investment needs in the water sector
- A detailed Feasibility Study for each of the selected 8 drinking water supply investment projects considering environmental, legal, technical, financial and socio-economic aspects
- Environmental Screening and where required Environmental Impact Assessment for each project
- Site Investigations and preparation of maps and geo-technical reports of the project
- Full Tender Dossier for works, service and supply contracts for each project area according to the procurement procedures for EC external aid actions/FIDIC
- Investment Applications for the above mentioned projects (including all necessary supporting documents) to secure IPA funding
- Capacity Building for 2 key personnel in each Municipality for the implementation of EU compliant environmental infrastructures projects
- Central Finance & Contracts Unit - Ankara, Turkey
- 39.92077, 32.854227130934