The Project objective is to improve the efficiency of energy use in small and medium enterprises of Turkey, by scaling-up commercial bank lending for energy efficiency investments. The global environmental objective is to reduce Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions through the removal of barriers to energy efficiency (EE) financing in thesmall and medium enterprises.
Ziraatbank will be the Financial Intermediary for the utilization of the World Bank Loan. The Project beneficiaries will be the small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and mid-cap companies that improve the efficiency of their production through investment sub-loans to be financed by Ziraatbank, thereby lowering their operating costs and enhancing their competitiveness.
The target subsectors will include: machinery and equipment, metal products, food and beverage, textiles, trade and services, pulp and paper, and hotels and other commercial buildings although other sectors will also be eligible for financing. Energy service companies (ESCOs), leasing companies, equipment suppliers, construction firms, service providers.
The consultancy service basically will be ;
- targeted market and other technical studies;
- energy audits for potential clients;
- technical due diligence for early subprojects and those involving new mechanisms or technologies;
- technical training for Ziraatbank staff assigned to work on this project; (v) development of special EE project financing products; and (vi) verification and monitoring of energy savings.
- 38.19398442610292, 35.12636214494705