MWH provided design review, construction contract services and training for this major hydroelectric project, which includes electrical and mechanical equipment, underground powerhouse, and conveyance system.
The 12 million m3 upper reservoir of the Tongbai project consists of an existing dam, a spillway and subsidiary dams. The 13 million m3 lower reservoir is formed by a 68-meter-high, concrete-faced, rock-fill dam. Two conveyance tunnels, with a nine-meter inside diameter, are 1,300-meters-long and connect both reservoirs to the underground powerhouse. The average head differential between the two reservoirs is 255 meters.
MWH provided on-site electrical and mechanical engineering specialists throughout the project.
Client Name – Zhejiang Provincial Electric Power Company
- Review of designs of major electrical and mechanical equipment, underground powerhouse and conveyance system
- Participation in pre-qualification evaluation and preparation of an evaluation report
- Review of draft ICB tender documents
- Participation in bid opening and bid evaluation
- Participation in contract negotiation and review
- MWH provided expert design review of major electrical and mechanical equipment, underground powerhouse and conveyance system.
- MWH reviewed and improved tender documents.
- MWH assisted in equipment bid evaluation and made recommendation for contract award to the qualified and lowers evaluated bidder.
- Hangzhou, China
- 29.203056, 120.997222